Rockstar San Diego developed some high profile games over the past years, including, Midtown Maddnes, Midnight Club, Red Dead Redemption ( In develepment) Smugglers Run and a lot more.
The studio was founded in 1984 under the name Angel Studios and has been under Rockstar’s Wing from 2003 .
Rockstar San Diego is also responsible for R.A.G.E , the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine.
They first game that used R.A.G.E was Rockstar Table Tennis, that game proved that the engine was capable enough of rendering realistic graphics.
Below are the games that Rockstar San Diego have developed as well as their former name “Angel Studios’
- Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey, Jr. (1998) (N64)
- Virtual Jungle Cruise – DisneyQuest (1998) (Attraction)
- Resident Evil 2 (1999) (N64)
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s Slugfest (1999) (N64, GBC)
- Midtown Madness (1999) (PC)
- Savage Quest (1999) (Arcade)
- Pirates – GameWorks (1999) (Attraction)
- Midtown Madness 2 (2000) (PC)
- Midnight Club: Street Racing (2000) (PS2)
- Smuggler’s Run (2000) (PS2)
- Smuggler’s Run 2: Hostile Territory (2001) (PS2)
- Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open (2001)
- Transworld Surf (2001) (Xbox, PS2, GameCube)
- Smuggler’s Run: Warzones (2002) (GameCube)
Rockstar San Diego
- Midnight Club II (2003) (PS2, Xbox, PC)
- Red Dead Revolver (2004) (PS2, Xbox)
- Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (2005) (PSP, PS2, Xbox) (with Rockstar Leeds)
- Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix (2006) (PS2, Xbox)
- Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (2006) (Xbox 360, Wii) (with Rockstar Leeds)
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles (2008) (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Midnight Club: L.A. Remix (2008) (PSP) (with Rockstar London)
- Red Dead Redemption (2009) (PS3, Xbox 360)